The major objectives in taking up of the project were:
- To develop a comprehensive land-use and water and energy management model that demonstrates efficient on-farm water use and fully meets the aspirations of people to improve agriculture productivity and thereby their income.
- To develop a working model for efficient irrigation using surface water in view of the depleting ground water table in the State and thereby develop a broad understanding of water rights and regulations and policies for conjunctive use of water.
- To improve scientific, engineering and applied technological expertise of field staff so as to encourage science-based decision making.
- To ensure that the community recognizes the essential role of irrigation water and importance of its responsible use in its well-being and thereby develop local institutions to promote sustainable irrigation water management.
In Quantifiable way the objectives were
- Providing Assured Irrigation Source in Rainfed Area.
- Enchancing Cropping Intensity.
- Increasing Producivity and Production in Agriculture.
- Diversification of Crops.
- Promotion of Efficient Drip and Sprinkler Irrigatiion Systems.
- Land Value Appreciation.
- Energy Conservation.
- Improving socio-economic condition of the farmers.
- Capacity Building of farmers.
- Alternate Livelihood Generation Oppurtunities for Landless and Women.
- Reduction in Human-Wild Animal Conflict
- Reducing Carbon Footprint of the State.
- Demonstration of Modern Technologies.
- Sustainable Project Demonstration.
- Community Owned Project.
- Role Model for Replication.